Monday, February 1, 2010

Terrence

So I had a pretty good weekend, and a pretty good day today as well. I'll overview.

So Friday, we had a party in honor of my friend Terrence. There wasn't any special reason we were having a party for him, we just kind of felt like it. So we decided that we were all going to dress like him (we all wore sweater vests and glasses) and we all wore Yale stickers (because he got accepted to Yale, because he's a smart mother fucker.) We never ever get to hang out with Terrence on the weekends because he's busy saving the world ("Guys I can't come to the party I'm feeding the homeless today."), however he promised us he'd be at this party.

Of course, he didn't show up. It got to be around 11 at night, and we were tired of waiting and he wasn't answering his phone. So we drove to his neighborhood and looked around trying to find his house. Eventually we found his car and rang his doorbell. His mother called us h00dr4ts. Whateva.

On Saturday I went to an award show for that art competition I submitted to. I ended up winning gold on my portfolio, which is good because it puts me into the running for a scholarship. I was supposed to go to a party with my friend whose parents were out, but she canceled her party. Lame.

Sunday, I slept (almost)literally all day.

Today, was good, in that school was easy and it was just a nice normal day. Then I got home and in the mail I got two letters. One was from the UCF honors college saying that I'd been accepted. I didn't really care but it made my mom happy. Then I got a letter, stating I was a finalist in the National Achievement Scholarship, which means I get money from schools :D (Of course, Terrence also got this Scholarship). So, things turned out pretty well the past few days. Hopefully tomorrow works out too. :D

1 comment:

  1. Good news about the scholarship deal. I really hope you get it.

    Cool idea about the party too, shame he didn't show, but did you get to see him?

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete