Monday, March 1, 2010

Winner

So last Thursday my friend Melisse was named as a winner of the Scholastic Art and Writing Competition (that contest I was talking about earlier). For those that don't know, it's kind of the biggest competition in art for people our ages. She and I both one Gold Keys (highest honor) at the local level, and then they go on to be judged in New York at the national level. They chose two photography portfolios to be given Gold Keys at the national level, and hers was chosen as number one. For this she gets:
-10,000 dollars
-A free trip to New York to do workshops and meet other artists
-Her work displayed in Carnegie Hall

It's amazing, that she received such an award, and I'm really proud (jealous) of her.

When I told my mother the news her exact words were: "Oh that's great! I guess you didn't win then..." Good ol' mom, boosting the confidence daily. :)

3 comments:

  1. Your time will come chap.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boost the confidence AND state the obvious just in case you missed it. Awww... well don't put yourself down either that's quite an accomplishment and honor it seems. So, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, some guy from the Scholastic competition found my blog (kind of creepy) and apparently I wasn't supposed to say anything about Melisse winning. Whoops! ;D

    ReplyDelete